Finance cluster – reporting to Manager Reporting & Accounting
As a Financial Accountant at Top Employers Institute, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the timely, accurate, and comprehensive updating of the financial ledgers, representing the company’s financial positions and results in alignment with tax regulations and local reporting requirements. Collaborating closely with local advisors and the Manager Reporting & Accounting, you will address compliance requirements.
Financial Accountants function as integral members of a highly experienced and self-organized team, comprising four skilled professionals. This cohesive team strategically distributes and allocates responsibilities across 10-12 global locations, fostering mutual support, continuous growth, and seamless workflow continuity. The main focus of the Financial Accountant is the Dutch entity.
Key result areas and main activities
The responsibilities of the Financial Accountant comprise of,
- Manage incoming supplier invoices, expense claims, and bank statements.
- Prepare weekly Cash Flow statements.
- Handle monthly salary entries and payments to suppliers and to personnel.
2. Period-end closing activities:
- Oversee the overall allocation of costs and revenue to the correct period (monthly closing) through:
- Determining revenue by month/ deferred revenue;
- Conducting accrual accounting.
- Reconcile current accounts between group companies.
- Manage tax returns and tax payments.
- Update transfer pricing tax local and master files.
- Reconcile accounts between ledgers and sub-ledgers, as well as between the general ledger and salary admin.
- Perform analytical procedures and intermediate accounts.
- Facilitate year-end closing and providing external auditor-required documents.
3. Ad-hoc activities:
- Act as sparring partner for the Manager Reporting & Accounting.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects, including the replacement of the current financial system Twinfield in 2024.
- Address external auditor questions.
- Drive automation and harmonisation of financial processes and controls.
- Implement changes in financial processes.
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
- Financial acumen
- Manages complexities
- Plans & aligns
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Communicates effectively
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- + 5 years of relevant working experience in accounting and finance roles
- Demonstrated hands-on, flexible, and accurate approach to deliver tasks in a timely manner, taking responsibility and ownership of your work.
- Focus on continuous improvement and a commitment to enhancing financial operations.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, with familiarity in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) considered advantageous.
- Analytical skills to interpret financial data.
- Aiming for a high level of quality and precision in all financial activities.
- Fluent in Dutch (as large part of administration for HQ is in Dutch)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Positive attitude and team player
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil
Top Employers Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate each other’s differences. We know that a diverse workforce enhances our success. We are conscious that having the freedom to be yourself is the basis of sustainable growth. To us, it doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, what you look like, or who you love. We actively promote and depend on the diversity of thought, skills, and capabilities in our project teams to serve our international consumer base in the best way possible. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds actually lift Top Employers Institute to new heights and increase our way of thinking for a better world of work. Join us, as there is a place for you here!