Senior Salesforce Developer
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified over 1600 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
In the role of Senior (Salesforce) Developer, you are responsible for developments on our Salesforce platform and integrated solutions to enable further digitalisation of our processes. You provide guidance and act as the technical subject matter expert with regards to the Salesforce platform to secure technical expertise within the organisation to support digital developments. To be successful in your role you liaise with internal stakeholders on a regular basis but also staying informed of developments of the Salesforce (Force.com) platform and application development in general. As part of the Global Digital team, you participate in and lead a number of development projects to further develop and improve the processes and applications developed on the digital platform.
As a Senior Developer you will provide insight in and support advanced business analysis, needs assessments, configure apps as required, and also assist in key functions involving client and staff development, training and on-going client support.
The Senior (Salesforce) Developer
- Participates in meetings with internal clients and supports the business consultant to gather business requirements
- Develops custom and OOB solutions using Salesforce functionality (APEX, SOQL, SOSL, Lightning Components, etc.)
- Leads the complete development process from requirement analysis to deployment.
- Reviews and provides feedback on technical documents
- Collaborates with the internal and external development team during code reviews and unit testing
- Manages post deployment activities including knowledge transfer, process documentation, change requests and bug fixes
- Mentors and provides guidance to the internal development team members
Key result areas and main activities
Well managing the application development process:
- Designs, develops and maintains (new) functionalities on the Salesforce platform
- Designs, develops and maintains integrations of applications with the Salesforce platform
- Based on input from the various business clusters (Marketing / Sales / Finance / Certification) analyses business needs and translates these into technical solutions
Ensuring an optimal platform architecture:
- Creates and monitors the application architecture
- Architects solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Architects integrations of other applications with the Salesforce platform
- Provides guidance and recommendations regarding enhancements on the Salesforce platform
Keeping up to date to deliver platform expertise:
- Stays informed on the ins and outs of the Salesforce platform and the latest trends in application development not limited to the Salesforce platform
- Liaises with the Data Steward on the creation and monitoring of the object model
- Liaises with the Business Consultant regarding enhancements
- Fluent in English
- Based in The Netherlands, Amsterdam
- Salesforce Platform App Builder (required)
- Salesforce Platform Developer I (required)
- Salesforce Platform Developer II (preferred)
- Other Salesforce certifications preferred
- Experience with working in an international global organization