Business Development Manager
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
Building upon the growth and impact of the Top Employer’s Certification Programme worldwide we are looking to recruit a new team to support DACH region HR Leaders in the development and branding of their organisations.
The Business Development Manager directly generates revenue by prospecting for, positioning and selling the HR Certification Programme to multinational clients headquartered across DACH region.
- Responsible for new business development via prospecting, social selling, qualifying and consultative selling
- Drive sales growth and pipeline through the setting up of qualified meetings
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist of Top Employers HR Certification
- Ability to connect and network with senior HR stakeholders and position the full value of the Programme across their areas of responsibility and areas of focus
- Work closely with Marketing to support events and follow up digital leads
- Achieve growth targets for new business acquisition
- Building a strong professional network by initiating contact with HR decision makers
Key Success Competencies
- Company wide competencies: Collaboration, customer focus, global perspective.
- Role-specific competencies: Communicates effectively, manages complexity, interpersonal savyy, business insight, directs work, builds networks, persuades, drives results
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- 2-5 years working experience in Sales, preferably in the field of HR Tech or HR Services or SAAS (proven track record new logo)
- Value Selling Skills: (meeting prep, conduct an effective needs analysis, deliver sales presentations, answer questions and handle objections)
- Negotiation skills: Knows how to prepare, how to make offers, how to respond to offers, how to respond to typical tactics, how to close, how to ensure the agreement lasts.
- Communication skills: Operate with confidence, can make formal persuasive presentations, can communicate 1-1 with confidence and discuss the company products/services and added value potential effectively.
- Native or fluent in German and fluent in English in both writing and verbally. Any other language is a nice to have.
- Available for some travel to conferences, client sites and company meetings
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- Regional and global sales team meetings twice a year
- Leadership culture based on trust
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil
Top Employers Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate each other’s differences. We know that a diverse workforce enhances our success. We are conscious that having the freedom to be yourself is the basis of sustainable growth. To us, it doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, what you look like, or who you love. We actively promote and depend on diversity of thought, skills, and capabilities in our project teams to serve our international consumer base in the best way possible. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds actually lift Top Employers Institute to new heights and increase our way of thinking for a better world of work. Join us, as there is a place for you here!