Business Development Manager India
Top Employers Institute is the global authority recognising excellence in people practices. We assist companies to accelerate these practices and further enrich their worlds of work. Through the Top Employers programme, participants (e.g. Puma, DHL and SwissRe) are audited, certified and recognised as employers of choice. Established more than 30 years ago, Top Employers Institute now certifies over 2,100 organisations in 121 countries. These certified companies positively impact the lives of over 9m employees globally.
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
Building upon the growth and impact of the Top Employer’s Certification Programme worldwide we are looking to recruit a new team to support HR Leaders in the development and branding of their organisations.
The Business Development Manager directly generates revenue by prospecting for, positioning and selling the HR Certification Programme to multinational and national clients across India.
- Responsible for new business development via prospecting, social selling, qualifying and consultative selling
- Drive sales growth and pipeline through the setting up of qualified meetings
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist of Top Employers HR Certification
- Ability to connect and network with senior HR stakeholders and position the full value of the Programme across their areas of responsibility and areas of focus
- Work closely with Marketing to support events and follow up digital leads
- Achieve growth targets for new business acquisition
- Building a strong professional network by initiating contact with HR decision makers
Key Success Competencies
- Companywide competencies: Collaboration, customer focus, global perspective.
- Role-specific competencies: Communicates effectively, manages complexity, interpersonal savvy, business insight, directs work, builds networks, persuades, drives results
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in sales, preferably in the field of HR product or HR Services (proven track record for acquiring new logos)
- Value Selling Skills: (meeting prep, conduct an effective needs analysis, deliver sales presentations, answer questions and handle objections)
- Negotiation skills: Knows how to prepare, how to make offers, how to respond to offers, how to respond to typical tactics, how to close, how to ensure the agreement lasts.
- Communication skills: Operate with confidence, can make formal persuasive presentations, can communicate 1-1 with confidence and discuss the company products/services and added value potential effectively.
- Fluent in English and Hindi in both writing and verbally. Any other language is a nice to have.
- Residing in Mumbai, Bangalore, or New Delhi
- Available for some travel to conferences, client sites and company meetings
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home
- Regional and global sales team meetings twice a year
- Leadership culture based on trust
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in Global HR Certification, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including Singapore, France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil
Top Employers Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate each other’s differences. We know that a diverse workforce enhances our success. We are conscious that having the freedom to be yourself is the basis of sustainable growth. To us, it doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, what you look like, or who you love. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds actually lift Top Employers Institute to new heights and increase our way of thinking for a better world of work. Join us, as there is a place for you here!