Top Employers Institute is the global authority recognising excellence in people practices. We assist companies to accelerate these practices and further enrich their worlds of work. Through the Top Employers Programme, participants are audited, certified and recognised as employers of choice. Established more than 25 years ago, Top Employers Institute now certifies over 1,500 organisations in 118 countries. These certified companies positively impact the lives of over 6m employees globally.
Top Employers Institute: For a better world of work.
This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of operational business systems and adoption of new developments. It is a senior leadership role within Top Employers which cultivates and maintains relationships with business stakeholder to ensure delivery of business outcomes in support of the overall business strategy and to ensure consistency, standardisation of process, and adoption/effective use of the available tools and technology. Leading two departments: Technology (Technology Manager, Application managers/business analysts) and Operational Support (Operation Process Managers).
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in multi-function service delivery and shared services. This includes broad exposure to various technical environments and business segments and working with agile/scrum development methods and Lean. The successful candidate will also have a good knowledge of Service Management Processes.
In your role you will be a key stakeholder in the Digital Transformation Programme that is currently underway.
Within Top Employers this role reports into the Board and includes a role in an international management team.
- Provides vision and direction with a defined long-range plan for the Global Business Services organisation
- Establishes a value-driven and consistent culture across the Global Business Services organisation that is metrics driven, outcome-focused, process-based, service-oriented, and focused on continuous improvement
- Coaches and motivates a growing and diverse team (currently 5 FTE, partly working from abroad), optimise team effectiveness and enhance team interactions
- Drive the deployment and business adoption of updates to our certification standards & methodology (process, method and technology related)
- Support the business with defining the annual certification planning and ensure delivery of tools, templates and deliverables according to agreed SLAs
- Partners with Process Owners to develop and maintain operational processes and Standard Operating Procedures, communicates updates to teams, and ensures they follow the new process or procedure
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with Business Stakeholder to ensure delivery of business outcomes in support of the overall corporate strategy and to ensure consistency, standardisation of process, and adoption/effective use of the available tools and technology
- Supporting specific business functions with optimising their processes by proving expertise around process and information management and effectively using existing technology
- Provide the business with dashboards and reports
- Develop and implement Service Management Processes
- Ensures compliance through frequent monitoring and emphasis on accuracy and adherence to policies, procedures and regulations
- Ensure continuity of operational business systems and adoption of new developments
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in General Business/Management or Information Technology
- Strong background in multi-function service delivery and shared services experience (i.e., consulting or previous leadership position)
- 10-15 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments
- At least 3 years of experience with managing team(s) responsible in strategic planning, business development or client management
- International experience
- Experienced with agile/scrum development methods
- (Lean) Process Management experience
- Residing in the Netherlands
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Energetic and assertive; personality with strength in remaining goal focused
- High degree of integrity, confidence and self-awareness that appreciates, understands and effectively negotiates within and across other cultures
- Managerial courage with the ability to take a strong position at odds with the majority when required for the good of the enterprise
- Strong communication skills and executive presence balanced with a high degree of humility
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity, adept at change management, and capable of working in cross-functional teams
How to show your interest?
Interested and ready for a new challenge? If this sounds like you and you also share our values, then we would love to meet you.
Please mail your motivation letter and your CV no later than May 10th, 2019 to the attention of Hans Rothweiler, email: HR@top-employers.com. Without your motivation letter we cannot process your application.