Global Senior Payroll Specialist (Hired)
HR cluster - Reporting to People Director
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified 1851 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
Purpose and contribution to company strategy:
Top Employers Institute needs an independent and experienced senior payroll specialist who can fill the Global senior Payroll Specialist role. This role is part of the HR team reporting into the People Director.
You are independently responsible for +10 international payroll for EMEA, APAC, US, and LATAM countries, in total this concerns approximately +150 remunerations.
This involves full operational/executive responsibility, from A to Z, to ensure a timely and accurate payroll by supplying the right information to the payroll provider and monitoring output. You will be working closely with our HR Business partners, local teams, Global finance team and specialist vendors. You will be the single point of contact for payroll related inquiries in a scale up, fast growing and expanding organization. The Global senior Payroll Specialist has a crucial role in co-designing and executing benefit policies for our valued employees around the globe.
Key result areas and main activities:
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Global senior Payroll Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely, accurate processing of payroll (changes) for +10 countries and related transactions in accordance with monthly deadlines and knowledge of local labor laws and requirements, collaborating closely with our HRBP’s.
- Communicate professionally and regularly with international payroll provider (ADP)/local parties involved in payroll, also to report exceptions through various channels.
- Collect and timely provide reports and other supporting documentation for internal and/or external audits.
- Support our expansion by setting up the payroll process in US and Singapore and other new markets.
- Close coordination with Finance to give input on (monthly) salary-related accruals and (annual) bonus calculations.
- Provide advice and (co-)formulate policies on (local) Compensation & Benefits related matters for HR and Finance.
- Formalize and initiate process improvements and communicate HR policies such as lease cars, internal mobility, etc;
- Troubleshooting and providing information to colleagues and supervisors about payroll issues.
- Generation and analyses of international reports and overviews.
- Regularly review payroll processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and reliability.
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Global perspective: Takes a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Tech Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Decision quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Business Insights: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Financial acumen: Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Optimizes work processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, HR, or related field.
- 4 to 8 years working experience processing payroll; international payroll and Dutch tax/social security experience is crucial.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Fluent in another language would be advantageous.
- Discretion and ability to deal appropriately with confidential data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Previous experience with ADP would be advantageous.
Top Employers Institute offers:
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office (conveniently located next to Amsterdam Amstel station)
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Open career path: due to the fast growth of the company, many roles did not exist a year ago, and new career paths open. The successful candidate could over time broaden responsibilities within the Revenue Operations team (for example in sales enablement), or specialize in Salesforce in the Digital Team
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (double-digit revenue growth in 2021), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 10 countries, from Shanghai to Cape Town to São Paulo