Business Development Manager - UK (Hired)
At the Top Employers Institute in St Albans
Want to work for an amazing company doing great things? We are the Top Employers Institute, and we are looking for an additional Business Development Manager to join our team.
We passionately believe in the importance of treating employees well and helping them to develop personally and professionally. Our annual programme certifies excellence in the conditions that employers create for their people, globally. We conduct research into the Human Resources environment of participating companies, and only employers that achieve the required level will qualify for certification as Top Employers and reap the associated employer brand reinforcement.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company has recognised Top Employers around the world since 1991. We build strong relationships with the global HR community, we are proud of what we do, and we are passionate about improving HR around the world. Currently we have nearly 2000 certified organisations in more than 120 countries, impacting more than 8m employees.
We are a young fast-growing global company, with a loyal client base and very promising growth perspectives for the coming years. We are made up of dynamic, multicultural and passionate people, with open and accessible leadership.
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will be directly contributing to company success by identifying and winning participants for our program. You will be responsible for managing the entire sales cycle, from lead generation/initial contact to closing deals. You will be expected to build successful long-term relationships that are aligned with our values, and to build your own knowledge and abilities to be a skilled member of the team. Business Development Managers will work closely with the Region Manager to deliver a great customer experience to our participants.
- Responsible for new business development (B2B) via prospecting, qualifying, and consultative selling;
- Building a strong professional network by initiating contact with HR decision makers;
- Developing and growing an international client portfolio of leading global brands, multinationals and specialist niche companies;
- Responsible for strengthening our brand and increasing market share within the UK, continentally and globally;
- Implementing our sales strategy, to include targeted customers with solutions and services required;
- Accountable for the sales budget and targets, together with the Management Team and for ensuring the sales goals are reached.
- Continuously manage CRM in line with the highest standards of the company;
- Demonstrated international business experience (minimum 3 years);
- Commercial acumen and ability to solve problems;
- Good selling and negotiation skills;
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage priorities in an entrepreneurial setting;
- Strong consultative selling skills to position and promote our business model;
- Ability to use an existing network of HR industry contacts to fast-track sales revenue;
- Fluent English; Other languages desirable;
- A unique sales spirit that drives your passion for results;
The Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working conditions
- Dynamic, open, informal and professional business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Work in a growing organisation with colleagues from all over the world
- Opportunity to interact with leading organisations regarding cutting edge HR practices
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of HR standards of participating organisations and thereby impacting the experiences of their employees worldwide