Salesforce Functional Specialist
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
The Digital Team at Top Employers Institute is responsible for the development and support of the digital platforms which includes Salesforce Sales Cloud, Experience Cloud (Portal), Pardot, CRM Analytics and MyTrailhead. These digital platforms support the core business processes for Marketing, Sales, Operations (Certifications) and Finance, and provide our clients with access to the survey, analytical insights and best practices.
The Digital Team is looking for a Salesforce Functional Specialist.
In this role you are part of our scrum team that is implementing exciting new Salesforce features for our internal and external users.
You are a team-player who is able to communicate with and understand our business stakeholders while also being able to translate their requirements into Salesforce no-code solutions.
You are a strong communicator and enjoy working with business and technical stakeholders from different cultures and backgrounds.
You feel comfortable using the experience you already have but also the challenge of learning about new technologies, processes and people.
You will work closely with the Product Owner and other members of the digital team and with business stakeholders from various departments based all around the world.
You actively work on building your own skills and actively share knowledge with your team members.
The Salesforce Functional Specialist
- Supports the Product Owner in gathering requirements by providing solution options and highlighting dependencies with the existing solution and processes
- Directly engages with business stakeholders to clarify their smaller requirements as a delegated Product Owner
- Designs and implements user stories using Salesforce configuration (i.e. anything except code)
- Tests user stories implemented by others in the team (they will test your stories)
- Participates in Agile Scrum ceremonies such as the Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective and Daily Stand-ups
Key result areas and main activities
Manage part of the digital backlog:
- Work directly with business stakeholders to capture and review their (smaller) requirements
- Assess the size and impact of the requirement to determine if it suits the fast-track release process or needs to be added to a bigger release.
Deliver Salesforce solutions as part of the Scrum Team:
- Design and configure solutions meeting the business requirements and fitting our existing solution
- Ensure that each solution is properly tested before it’s released by doing peer-testing and (helping with) user acceptance testing coordination
- Provide documentation, communication and training materials (if needed)
Continuously developing yourself and others:
- Stay up-to-date on Salesforce releases, complete trailheads and achieve more Salesforce certifications
- Share knowledge with others in the team
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with working in an international organization
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce configuration (delivering new features, not just maintenance)
- Salesforce Administrator (required)
- Platform App Builder (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce Experience Cloud and/or Pardot (Account Engagement) are highly appreciated
- Experience working in Agile Scrum is a plus
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil
Top Employers Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate each other’s differences. We know that a diverse workforce enhances our success. We are conscious that having the freedom to be yourself is the basis of sustainable growth. To us, it doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, what you look like, or who you love. We actively promote and depend on the diversity of thought, skills, and capabilities in our project teams to serve our international consumer base in the best way possible. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds actually lift Top Employers Institute to new heights and increase our way of thinking for a better world of work. Join us, as there is a place for you here!