Digital Scrum Master
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
Purpose description, summarising the contribution to the wider company strategy & goals
The Digital Team at Top Employers Institute is responsible for the development and support of the digital platforms which includes Salesforce Sales Cloud, Experience Cloud (Portal), Pardot, Tableau CRM and MyTrailhead. These digital platforms support the core business processes for Marketing, Sales, Operations (Certifications) and Finance, and provide our clients with access to the survey, analytical insights and best practices.
The Digital Team is looking for a Digital Scrum Master. In this role you are a facilitator and coach for the scrum team that is implementing exciting new Salesforce features for our internal and external users. You are a team-player who lives by agile principles and focuses on optimizing the output of the Digital team in a sustainable way. You are a strong communicator and enjoy working with business and technical stakeholders from different cultures and backgrounds. You feel comfortable using the experience you already have but also the challenge of learning about new technologies, processes and people.
You report to the Director Digital and work closely with the Product Owner and other members of the digital team and with business stakeholders from various departments based all around the world. You actively work on building your own skills and continuously develop the team using retrospectives and other techniques.
The Digital Scrum Master
- Facilitates Agile Scrum ceremonies such as the Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective and Daily Stand-ups for the Digital Team.
- Drives continuous improvements in how the team operates to achieve the maximum output in a sustainable way.
- Plans and coordinates the sprints, test activities, and deployments with all involved stakeholders.
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog is prepared and has sufficient work items for each skill set in the team (e.g. developers, configurators, etc.).
- Understands that each team member is unique and has their own ambitions, helps each team member grow in line with their ambition.
Key result areas and main activities
Key result areas showing what impact the role should have, main activities providing further insight
Driving sustainable digital delivery:
- Facilitate the Digital Scrum Team and prevent and resolve impediments.
- Continuously work with the team to further improve processes by reducing waste and optimizing valuable output.
Manage process and dependencies:
- Support the Product Owner in building, prioritizing, and refining the Roadmap and Backlog.
- Align with Super Users and their teams to receive feedback in sprint demo’s and organize user acceptance testing.
- Manage dependencies and agree on planning when other (external) teams are involved in integrations.
Evangelizing Agile thinking:
- Coach the team and individual team members in the adoption of Agile thinking.
- Advocate Agile thinking across the organization, provide coaching and training where needed.
Behaviour that will help you be successful in this role and in our organization
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
Key success competencies:
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Plans and aligns
- Manages complexity
- Decision quality
- Business insight
- Drives engagement
- Communicates effectively
- Interpersonal savvy
- Manages ambiguity
- Directs work
- Manages conflict
- Cultivates innovation
- Strategic mindset
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with working in an international organization
- 2+ years of experience as Scrum Master, 5+ years of experience with Agile working
- Experience as an Agile coach is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM / Digital systems is a plus
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil