Internal Communications Specialist
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognizing excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified 1691 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
We are looking for a freelancer for approx. 16 to 24 hours per week.
In a global growth company like ours with continuous development to become better, the pace of change is high. In order to rally behind our purpose and create a sense of belonging, the aim of this role is to unite our organization with consistent and regular internal communications.
This role is focused on positioning change while reflecting on our culture with clear messaging. Maintaining a good overview of all ongoing projects, both from a communication as well as a change management perspective is a requirement.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a knowledge of the company policies & strategy and facilitate the communications for internal messaging while working closely with the members of the Executive Leadership Team and reporting to the CMO.
Key result areas and main activities
- Create an internal communications framework for effectively bridging the employees and company management, connecting the employees with the right information, keeping the organization clear and employees engaged.
- Develop and execute a strategic internal and executive communications plan; You will align internal and executive messaging with the company’s purpose, proposition, and implementation of the overall strategy.
- Work cross-functionally between different clusters to execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Produce employee communications; Develop a variety of internal communications assets including presentations, announcements, newsletters (i.e Glocal times).
- Explore options for the implementation of an online internal communications platform that is used on a regular basis by all employees, replacing current SharePoint / or improve SharePoint.
- Support leadership and company meetings by crafting the messaging and agenda.
- Ensures accountability
- Communicates effectively
- Plans and Aligns
- Balances Stakeholders
- Customer focus
- Strategic mindset
- Tech Savvy
- 5+ years experience in corporate communications with a focus on internal communications preferably gained in a mid-size organization going through change
- Experience in communications strategy development
- Experience working closely with senior colleagues
- Proven editorial skills
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills