Senior HR Researcher
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
In the position of a Senior Researcher, your primary responsibility will be identifying new HR trends, starting and completing detailed research, and helping create HR best practices. This important role gives you a chance to shape the direction of our research, impact our standards, and directly improve the experiences of our clients.
The Senior Researcher is a key player in pushing forward the vision of the Top Employers Institute. The main goal of this role is to lead and develop innovative HR research projects that contribute to our company's strategic goals and strengthen our mission to improve working conditions worldwide.
You will be working with the Research & Insight team and will report to the Director of Research & Insights.
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified over 2000 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
Key result areas and main activities
- HR Trends Identification and Analysis: Monitor, identify, and analyse emerging trends in the HR field, using your knowledge and experience to assess their relevance to our clients and our certification standards.
- Research Management: Initiate, conduct, and finalise both quantitative and qualitative research projects. This could involve designing and executing surveys, facilitating round tables, conducting interviews, and more.
- Content Creation: Translate research findings into actionable insights and engaging content for client publications, marketing materials, and other client engagement initiatives. Your ability to distill complex findings into clear, impactful content will be key to this role.
- Standards and Training Development: Support the development and updating of our certification standards and supporting, and help to create training materials to guide our auditors and clients in understanding and applying these standards.
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
- Passionate: You have a genuine passion for the future of work and a desire to make a real impact in this field.
- Results-Oriented: You are driven by the desire to produce high-quality, impactful work.
- Innovative: You have an out-of-the-box thinking approach, capable of finding innovative solutions to research challenges.
- Business Insight: Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision Quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and Aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Education & Experience: A minimum of a Master's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business, or a related field. You should have a solid background in HR or HR consulting and a track record in academic or professional research.
- Research Skills: Proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, with a proven ability to design and conduct rigorous research projects.
- Writing Skills: Excellent writing skills, with experience crafting well-researched articles, papers, and reports.
- Project Management Skills: Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects effectively, maintaining oversight of timelines, deliverables, and stakeholder expectations.
- Vision: A clear and compelling vision about the future of work, underpinned by a thorough understanding of current HR practices and trends.
We are looking for someone preferably residing in the Netherlands. You have a couple of years’ experience in consulting and you are ready for your next step
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil