Salesforce Data and Analytics Specialist
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified 1851 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
The Digital Team at Top Employers Institute is responsible for the development and support of the digital platforms which includes Salesforce Sales Cloud, Experience Cloud (Portals), Pardot, Tableau CRM and MyTrailhead. These digital platforms support the core business processes for Marketing, Sales, Operations (Certifications) and Finance.
The Digital Team is looking for a Salesforce Data & Analytics Specialist. In this role you are responsible for the data in and analytics provided by our digital platforms. You develop new dashboards for our internal and external users in Tableau CRM as part of the Digital Scrum Team. You also work on improving the data quality across the digital platforms by identifying incorrect data and taking corrective and preventive actions, because better data means better analytics! You enjoy working with business stakeholders to find new ways to get valuable insights from the data.
The scope of analytics that you work on is broad. You work on dashboards for our customers that provide them with deep insights in their HR performance based on their survey input to help them improve their HR practices, you may work on dashboards that provide our product team with insights in how our portal is used based on Google Analytics data which helps in making better decisions in how to optimize the portal, for our Marketing and Sales colleagues you could work on a dashboard that provides insights in the lead-to-order performance which helps to be better understand what the right prospects and actions are to close more deals.
The Salesforce Data & Analytics Specialist
- Supports the Product Owner in gathering analytics requirements by providing solution options and highlighting dependencies with the existing implementation
- Responsible for the analytics platform (Tableau CRM) and data quality across the digital systems (Salesforce Sales Cloud, Experience Cloud (Portals), Pardot, Tableau CRM and MyTrailhead) and integrations
- Develops and configures datasets, lenses, dashboards and apps in Tableau CRM for internal and external (portal) use
- Resolves issues and updates existing dashboards as needed
- Works together in an agile scrum team that develops new features on all digital platforms
Managing the development and maintenance of analytics:
- Designs, develops and maintains (new) dashboards in Tableau CRM
- Designs, develops and maintains data flows across the digital platforms to Tableau CRM
- Translates the requirements from the business clusters (Product / Marketing / Sales / Certification / Finance) that are gathered by the Product Owner into Tableau CRM dashboards
Ensuring data quality:
- Analyzes data quality and takes actions to improve existing data and remove the reasons for data pollution
- Provides guidance and recommendations regarding enhancements on the analytics platform
Keeping up to date to deliver platform expertise:
- Stays informed on the ins and outs of Tableau CRM and maintains a good understanding of the data models from various source systems
- Liaises with team members in the digital team to stay on top of new developments in the digital systems at Top Employers Institute
Key Success Competencies
- Companywide competencies: Collaboration, customer focus, global perspective.
- Role-specific competencies: tech-savvy, Manages complexity, plans and aligns optimizes work processes, ensures accountability and decision quality
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with working in an international organization
- Experience with Salesforce data model
- Experience with hands-on Tableau CRM development: creating datasets, lenses, dashboards, etc. (strongly preferred)
- Alternatively: Experience with hands-on development on other business intelligence tools
- Tableau CRM & Einstein Discovery Consultant (strongly preferred)
- Salesforce Administrator (preferred)
- Salesforce Data Architect (preferred)
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office (conveniently located next to Amsterdam Amstel station)
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Open career path: due to the fast growth of the company, many roles did not exist a year ago, and new career paths open up. The successful candidate could over time broaden responsibilities within the Revenue Operations team (for example in sales enablement), or specialize in Salesforce in the Digital Team
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (double-digit revenue growth in 2021), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 10 countries, from Shanghai to Cape Town to São Paulo
Top Employers Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate each other’s differences. We know that a diverse workforce enhances our success. We are conscious that having the freedom to be yourself is the basis of sustainable growth. To us, it doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, what you look like, or who you love. We actively promote and depend on diversity of thought, skills, and capabilities in our project teams to serve our international consumer base in the best way possible. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds actually lift Top Employers Institute to new heights and increase our way of thinking for a better world of work. Join us, as there is a place for you here!