Regional Director Americas
Location – East Coast, USA
Who we are:
Top Employers Institute is a purpose-led organisation assisting leading companies with the creation of enhanced working conditions for their teams. We do this through our HR Certification Programme which arms HR leaders with the data, insights, benchmarks and branding tools required to fast-track their People Strategies.
The Programme is expanding fast and, in 2022, we are opening new hubs in Singapore and the USA to complement the existing structure and further our ambition of becoming even more client-centric.
We’re looking for an ambitious sales leader to recruit, manage and grow a Business Development team in North America. Most importantly, this individual will become the brand ambassador for Top Employers, speaking at conferences and events across the region and ensuring the Certification Programme is positioned correctly to attract major multinational clients.
The Regional Director role:
The primary responsibilities are, initially, to recruit and manage a team of Business Developers targeting North American prospects. Top Employers has an innovative International Sales Model which enables the NOAM team to expand the relationship with those accounts across the globe. It therefore represents an incredible growth opportunity for the successful candidate and the new team. Key to success will be the design and implementation of strategic sales activities and this role will lead those activities from the front in the early years.
Once successfully on-boarded and with a ramped NOAM team in place, the LATAM team will also be included in the management responsibilities of this role as we choose to run 3 sales territories; Americas, EMEA and APAC. This enables us to communicate with and coach teams across similar time zones. The LATAM team hub is in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Be an active member of the Commercial Leadership Team (Sales, Client Success & Revenue Operations) steering commercial strategy
- Builds strong relationships with own regional team as well as Regional Sales Leaders in other territories
- Responsible for attracting, retaining and developing talent to support Company goals
- Trains team on consultative and insight selling skills that are solutions focused rather than product focused.
- Manages Sales budget/P&L to achieve target profitability
- Create relationships with key decision makers at prospective and existing customers
- Cooperatively interacts with members of the Revenue Operations and Customer Success teams to achieve sales objectives within the region.
- Work hand in hand with Marketing to represent Top Employers at conferences and events to promote the brand and our services (a dedicated Regional Marketing Manager for NOAM will be sourced as part of the initial set up)
- Sales opportunity creation: Develop a personal network within the business sector and represent the organization at business sector events. Obtain market intelligence and enhance the visibility and reputation of the organization, its products, and its services.
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Global perspective: Takes a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Plans and aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Financial acumen: Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Develops talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Manages ambiguity: Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interpersonal savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Optimizes work processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Builds networks: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Persuades: Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Builds effective teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Strong sense of empathy and a passion for sales and growth
- Ability to problem solve, adapt, and grow quickly as we grow the sales team
- Demonstrated ability in sales planning and sales strategy development.
- Able to recruit, supervise and motivate numbers of individuals of varying skill levels
- Proven record of consultative sales success with international and large accounts
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of leading effectively in a rapid-growth environment
- Highly organized, disciplined and success-motivated
- Willingness to travel throughout the region and, on occasion, outside of the region
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of commercial experience with the last 3-5 in a sales leadership position
- Experience in the HR Sector (Analytics, Insights, Consulting, Staffing etc.)
- International experience is a big plus
Top Employers Institute offers:
- A dynamic, open, informal, and professional business culture
- Never a dull day
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Fast growing company with a global footprint enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 10 countries, from Shanghai to Cape Town to São Paulo
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Top Employers, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HR@top-employers.com