Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified 1851 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
Purpose description, summarizing the contribution to the wider company strategy & goals
As a Regional Controller at Top Employers Institute, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the timely, accurate, and comprehensive updating of the financial ledgers, representing the company’s financial positions and results in alignment with tax regulations and local reporting requirements. Collaborating closely with local advisors and the Manager Reporting & Accounting, you will address compliance requirements, and act as a key partner for the Regional Managers of the countries within your assigned entities.
This specific role is based in our office in Valencia, and we are looking for someone who will cover maternity leave with the intention of staying on as a valuable long-term member of our team. Your scope of responsibilities will encompass supporting our entities in China and Singapore. You will be working alongside two other Regional Controllers in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Regional Controllers function as integral members of a highly experienced and self-organized team, comprising four skilled professionals. This cohesive team strategically distributes and allocates responsibilities across 10-12 global locations, fostering mutual support, continuous growth, and seamless workflow continuity. In all locations an office manager supports the Regional Controller with processing of supplier invoices, bank statements and outgoing sales invoices. This position reports to the Manager Reporting & Accounting.
Key result areas and main activities
The responsibility of the Regional Controller comprise of (for assigned entities):
- Initiate and lead an effective planning & control cycle, including annual budgeting, forecasting/LE’s, cash flow management, and monthly reporting.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting records, adhering to relevant accounting standards and guidelines.
- Perform timely and accurate monthly closing processes for the entities under your responsibility.
- Oversee the processing of all incoming and outgoing payments, including salaries, to ensure smooth financial operations.
- Manage tax filing activities, ensuring compliance with local tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- Act as (business) partner for the Regional Managers of the local entity, providing financial insights, analysis and support.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with local advisors and partners.
- Collaborate with the HR department to resolve payroll issues promptly and efficiently.
- Lead year-end closing activities and facilitate the provision of necessary documents to external auditors.
- Drive automation and harmonisation of financial processes and controls to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Foster good cooperation with related office managers, supporting their finance-related tasks.
- Work closely with the Manager Reporting & Accounting, providing valuable input and acting as a sparring partner to optimize financial operations.
- Undertake ad hoc projects to improve financial processes and enhance overall financial performance.
- Customer focus
- Global perspective
- Financial acumen
- Manages complexity
- Plans & aligns
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Communicates effectively
- Action oriented
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Finance
- + 5 years of relevant working experience in accounting and finance roles
- Demonstrated hands-on, flexible, and accurate approach to deliver tasks in a timely manner, taking responsibility and ownership of your work.
- A strong focus on continuous improvement and a commitment to enhancing financial operations.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, with familiarity in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) considered advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret financial data and make informed decisions.
- Aiming for a high level of quality and precision in all financial activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English, facilitating effective interactions with stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and team player
Top Employers Institute offers
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Human centric way of working: Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as DHL and PepsiCo
- Fast growing company (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries, including France, Germany, China, US, South Africa, the UK and Brazil
Top Employers Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate each other’s differences. We know that a diverse workforce enhances our success. We are conscious that having the freedom to be yourself is the basis of sustainable growth. To us, it doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, what you look like, or who you love. We actively promote and depend on the diversity of thought, skills, and capabilities in our project teams to serve our international consumer base in the best way possible. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds actually lift Top Employers Institute to new heights and increase our way of thinking for a better world of work. Join us, as there is a place for you here!