Head of Revenue Operations
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
The Head of Revenue Operations is a new role within Top Employers responsible for the alignment of Sales, Marketing and Client Success (expansion and renewal) across the full client lifecycle in order to drive growth, operational clarity and efficiency. The holistic approach is designed to break down silos between customer facing departments and avoid the risks and inefficiencies of standalone operational teams within each cluster.
Included is Enablement and Deal Desk and both support areas require scaling in order to support continued business growth in Europe, Africa and LATAM and significant expansion plans in North America and APAC.
Once the data-driven business model is agreed, built and activated with key stakeholders the focus areas will become:
1. Operations / Change Management
2. Enablement across Sales, Marketing and Client Success
3. Insights for individual contributors, managers, leaders and the Exec Leadership team
4. Tools to support Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
(N.B. ownership of the tech stack currently sits with the Digital team and a new governance is to be agreed to ensure the model can be built at speed and then continuously optimised)
Key contacts for success:
• CCO, CMO and CPTO
• Technical Director
• Certification Director
• Head of Client Success
Team forming is also extremely important and hiring is required to build out the Revenue Operations team this year. Budgeting for 2022 happens in September and an early deliverable will be the hiring plan for the expansion of the team’s capabilities.
This role would suit individuals with strong backgrounds in data and analytics and Sales Operations business processes. Knowledge of the Salesforce platform or an equivalent is also highly advantageous. The role will include ownership of current processes and with a very clear mandate to develop and execute new ideas to fast-track value-add to Top Employers clients and company revenue growth.
Key result areas and main activities
• Build out a Revenue Operations model and team to support the global growth of the Top Employers business
• Develop and drive the design and implementation of territory management and quota management processes and tools to enable effective sales planning and forecasting
• Formulate, govern and handle policy and process surrounding sales hierarchy and quota setting
• Spearhead strategy and vision of intelligent goal setting and territory creation through the adoption of tools for market segmentation, quota setting, and account planning. NB tools to be compatible with the SFDC platform
• Partner cross functionally with Marketing, Sales, Client Success, Finance teams to improve execution of pre- and post-sales processes, including approval process, deal desk, contract management and tracking exceptions to our terms and conditions.
• Recommend, troubleshoot and optimise go-to-market tech stack in partnership with Digital Team.
• Implement data governance framework to ensure data integrity and single source of truth
• Develop reporting & dashboards to show performance, trends, opportunities, and risks across the customer lifecycle
• Work with marketing to ensure all top of funnel activities are captured and tracked and data integrity is preserved
• Help drive key operational metrics for the sales organization like quota attainment, pipeline coverage, stage conversion rates
• Support set up of core Client Success operational processes such as target-setting, renewal/retention/health/risk forecasting
• Perform data analyses on large and disparate datasets to gather insights required to make key business decisions, including renewal data and product adoption
• Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
• Will assist with Board materials preparation and ad hoc analyses as needed