Hired: this vacancy has recently been fulfilledGo to the overview of open vacancies
Summary of the role
The Country Manager is responsible for the success of the business. The Country Manager leads the team towards the organisational strategic objectives, ensures that the Top Employers brand and new business grows and existing business is sustained, building strong relationships to enhance its overall position in the local market.
Managing local Operations. The CM is expected to:
General management & HR
- Managing the operations within the annual budget;
- Administering monthly payroll;
- Ensuring timely payment of Debtors and Creditors;
- Ensuring day-to-day office operations run smoothly;
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment, according to our values;
- Demonstrating our company values in all actions and behaviours;
- Creating and maintaining an engaged and positive working culture;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- Recruiting, training and developing the (future) team members.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and manage an annual local strategy that is aligned with the TEI organisational vision-mission-strategy to meet annual KPIs;
- Drive and communicate organisational and local strategy/goals to the teams;
- Create and manage relevant and achievable goals for each team member.
Sales & Account Management
- Work in tandem with the Board to create realistic annual sales forecasts;
- Create and manage a local sales plan that contributes to the TEI overall commercial targets;
- Champion and drive global sales, locally;
- Set individual targets for Account Managers;
- Hold regular reviews of sales progress with the local Account Managers / team weekly/ monthly/ quarterly as appropriate;
- Manage and monitor the teams in the use of Salesforce for account management.
- Manage the Research/Project Managers to deliver the annual certification cycle in your country, according to the centrally defined process;
- Manage the delivery of Feedback Sessions to participants to the required standard, in the allotted timeframe;
- Manage and monitor the teams in the use of Salesforce for project management, to centrally defined standards;
- Manage Office Manager, if applicable, to ensure day-to-day office operations are run efficiently.
Marketing & PR
- Communicate with the Amsterdam-based Marketing/Branding department to set the standards that deliver a consistent, strong brand;
- Manage the Marketing Manager to define marketing objectives;
- In line with the central organisational marketing strategy, create and develop/execute an innovative and impactful annual local marketing strategic plan to achieve goals;
- Ensure or manage local PR either directly or through third party;
- Manage local social media activities according to centrally defined parameters.
- Champion continuous improvement in your country by supporting the team to improve on past performance, to reach new standards, and to feedback into the wider organisation with the aim of improving operations, standards and results.
Culture Fit / Personality Traits
Warm, friendly + open, honest + strong work ethic + entrepreneurial + sense of humour
Experience and/or Qualifications
- Approximately 5 years relevant/similar working experience (from CV);
- Multi-cultural working experience is advantageous;
- Leadership experience essential;
- HR experience is advantageous, knowledge/understanding/awareness is essential;
- Minimum: Tertiary or Bachelor level educated;
- Native French, good verbal and written skills in English.
- Location: typically live within 1 commuting hour of main office location of job role;
- Travel: typically, prepared to travel 30-40 days per year to another international location and Amsterdam and regular national/Country travel for participant meetings;
- Overnight: regular overnight stays.
Join our team
Are you interested in joining an organisation with an informed global business view and a unique ability to rate and rank HR best practices? Then a career at the Top Employers Institute could be right for you.
Our core values
- We stretch for results
- We do the right thing
- We take personal ownership
- We depend on each other to win
- We do what we do with a smile
- We develop. Always.
If you are interested, then please consider our values and judge whether these are values that you share. If the answer is ‘Yes,’ then we’re off to a great start!
Please mail your motivation letter and your CV to: HR@top-employers.com. Without your motivation letter we cannot process your application.