Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified over 1600 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
The Certification Director is responsible for managing a team of Global and Regional Certification Managers that lead the certification process of all our clients and provide value to our clients through Benchmark & Align Services. These services can enable the senior leaders of our clients to more effectively shape or apply their people strategies, eventually to enrich the world of work.
Managing the team is a mix of the right set up of the team and foster a performance & development climate that brings out the best in our people. In addition, the Certification Director manages external partner that provides outsourced services in the certification domain.
Key result areas and main activities
Manage budget, workforce across the areas of responsibility in line with company targets:
- Prepare the global and regional strategic plans and cascading them to each team
- Ensure accurate forecasting, workforce planning, allocation (in salesforce)
- Run the forecasting process for our large clients and the regions to maintain up to date budgets and initiate corrective measures where needed to meet the (revised) targets
- Deliver a diligent certification process according to standards, in time and within budget.
- Manage external partner(s) that provides outsourced services in the certification domain
Strategic and tactical plan to steer and drive the certification process and the team:
- Collect feedback from clients, sales, client success and team
- Analyse and benchmark qualitative and quantitative results (historical review, trends)
- Develop vision and plan to optimise operational effectiveness of our certification process
- Conduct risk assessment and determine contingency measures
Engagement and communication with internal and external stakeholders:
- Act as an ambassador to Top Employers Institute and promote a positive and enthusiastic attitude throughout the team and to wider internal and external stakeholders
- Actively seek feedback from clients (external and internal) and ensure that all relevant information is communicated back into the business
Contribution to and leading high-performance culture:
- Provide leadership and direction to the team and in the organisation
- Create and manage relevant and achievable goals for each Certification Manager and provide regular feedback
- Reinforce a high-performance that is client centric culture while striving for operational excellence through coaching and best practice sharing
- Create, develop and maintain an engaged and positive team working culture
- Foster a performance & development climate that brings out the best in our people, by managing performance, development and engagement of the team members
- Experience in defining a business strategy and developing a multi-year plan in order to set and deliver objectives within medium to long time frames
- Ability to drive change through vision, stakeholder management and communication
- Significant experience with workflow optimisation (Processes, KPIs and Metrics)
- 10 years relevant experience with Certification and/or Human Resources
- Background in project management, production or operations
- At least 5 years of experience with leading international team(s)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in General Business/Management or Human Resources
- Fluent in English
- Based in The Netherlands, Amsterdam