Regional Marketing Manager - South Africa (Hired)
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam , the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified over 1600 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
For our office based in Cape Town, we are searching for a Marketing Manager for Africa who will work closely with our team of Marketing Managers around the world as well as our commercial team in South Africa to grow our business across the African continent, increasing brand awareness and ensuring an optimised and harmonised customer experience customer journey.
As part of the Customer Marketing team, you will work closely with the different teams within the HQ Marketing function ensuring all activities are aligned to the global marketing strategy but adapted to achieve maximum impact in your region. You need to bring with you advanced digital marketing capabilities but being an all-round marketer, you need to be able to deliver relevant communication materials as well as organize impactful events that create meaningful opportunities to engage with our customers.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who is also not afraid of getting their hands dirty. Does this sound interesting? Then read further about your list of responsibilities and qualification criteria.
Key result areas and main activities
1: Implementation Customer Communication Strategy
• Consistent execution of harmonised communication deliverables including value messaging for all participants in the region across all touch points with customer testimonials, case studies etc (based on input from region and direction from central marketing)
• Creation of customer marketing deliverables ensuring employer branding materials are relevant, fresh and used throughout the year
• Ensure all deliverables are aligned to global strategy and on-brand.
2: Customer engagement through Events optimising Communications & PR
• Ensure roll out and implementation of centralised approach and deliverables for all events (ensure all deliverables are on-brand)
• Manage and drive media (PR), social media and Top Employers engagement aligned with the annual Certification announcement and dinner.
• Manage the production and create content for the Top Employers Certification announcement across our different media partners.
• Manage media partnerships and drive new opportunities
3: Content marketing
• Content Management on our digital platforms: Create and curate content i.e. HQ HR Best Practice and Trends Reports, Top Employers eBook, Top Employers testimonial videos etc. Effective usage of analytics for monitoring & reporting purposes.
• Ensure all deliverables are on-brand.
4: Lead generation, nurturing and automation
• Manage and execute LinkedIn advertising and lead nurturing campaigns to support our commercial efforts: create and curate content. Effective usage of analytics for monitoring & reporting purposes.Key Result Area 5: Marketing strategy (collaborate with central marketing)
• Implement marketing strategy aligned with global marketing strategy and effectively manage the budget (optimise budget for best performing channels through analytics and metrics).
• Explore the market with respect to new business opportunities and customer needs, supporting the product roadmap and marketing strategies based on market research, customer requirements and competitor analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Power Point, Excel & Word
• English first language (fluent)
• 5+ years marketing management experience
• Content marketing experience (copywriting)
• Digital marketing experience (channel optimisation using web analytics – google analytics, data studio, tag manager), Pardot and Salesforce experience is a plus.
• Basic design skills and knowledge
• Residing in the Cape Town area.