HR Business Partner
Top Employers Institute is the global authority in recognising excellence in people practices. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are proud to have certified 1851 Top Employers around the world for their dedication to enriching the world of work for their people.
Purpose and contribution to company strategy
We are a global authority on excellence in People Practices. Established 30+ years ago and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have a significant impact on companies and employees in more than 120 countries. Now we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced HRBP/ Generalist for a combined operational/Business partnering function and to work in tandem with an experienced colleague. The role reports into the People Director. We are looking for a hands-on Business Partner who understands the business and strategic objectives of the client groups while managing the entire HR lifecycle, including Recruitment, HR Operations, Employee Relations, Comp & Ben, and L&D.
Key result areas and main activities
The primary duties and responsibilities of the HRBP include, but are not limited to:
- Act as partner to the business leaders on people matters in 10 different countries around the globe
- Point of HR contact for all employees.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- International comp and ben knowledge to support the process payrolls
- Provide day-to-day HR and management guidance to line management (e.g., performance management, coaching, counseling, career development).
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, company expansion, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Creating innovative HR policies and continuous process improvements
- Prepare HR related documents for several countries (i.e., employment offers and contracts, work certificates, etc.).
- Supporting the gems in our company to shine (Talent development)
- Update HRIS system (BambooHR).
- Organize companywide on-boarding
- Overall ambassadors of our company culture
- Add to better world of work, inside and out
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Global perspective: Takes a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives engagement: Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Business Insights: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Optimizes work processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- You have a bachelor degree in people and/or related science (HR, Psychology or Organisational development)
- You have extensive generalist HR experience (6+ years), preferably in a medium size multinational organization in the Netherlands
- You strive for excellence in operations, recognize trends that will support continuous improvement and add to the vision and strategy of our HR function in a scale-up organisation
- You have full working knowledge of multiple international human resource disciplines, including HR operations, compensation and benefits, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, and employment laws
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers and employees
- You have top level language skills in English and, ideally, very good level of Dutch
- If you speak German, French or Spanish too it would be a great advantage
- You must have extensive Dutch Labor Law knowledge including wet verbetering Poortwachter
- We are a vivid supporter of our Human Centric Way of working, which allows you to work both from home and (one of) our offices. Regular meet ups with the team, take place in our HQ Amsterdam office
- This role may involve some international travel
Top Employers Institute offers
- A dynamic, open, informal, and professional business culture
- Never a dull day
- Competitive fixed & variable remuneration
- Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home or from the office (conveniently located next to Amsterdam Amstel station)
- We pay you to pay it forward. 2 days company paid time off (VTO) for volunteering for causes you care about
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Fast growing company with a global footprint enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 10 countries, from Shanghai to Cape Town to São Paulo