Purpose and contribution to company strategy
The purpose of this role is defining and executing on product strategy to enable profitable and scalable growth.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role works closely with the executive leadership team and various stakeholders to ensure the product offering aligns with company growth vision and business priorities.
Responsible for the total product roadmap and sharing it broadly across the organisation and future product opportunities to maximize business results.
The ideal leader is results oriented driving towards overall business value and focused on leading indicators like acquisition, engagement and churn. Working with different clusters to develop and implement go to market strategies that deliver results in the market.
Key result areas and main activities
Key result area 1: The value proposition is scalable, understood by target audience and beyond
- Define and execute on product strategy through designing customer centric experiences across the customer decision journey
- Lead product strategy and vision. Work across marketing, sales, operations and digital teams to build, design, implement and maintain our product proposition.
- Drive decisions around prioritization, solutions and functionality.
- Establish product management and UX practices through design decisions, processes and tools.
- Manage commercial offer and proposition
- Drive launch, pricing, product lifecycle management, portfolio prioritisation and go to market
- Track performance indicators and financial metrics (top line and bottom line)
- Work with the certification standards (and digital teams) to prioritise and align their development plans with the product roadmap
Key result area 2: Development of growth opportunities
- Explore and assess market, partner ecosystems and competitive strategies
- Understand technology trends and architectural questions on the Top Employers Portal
- Manage roadmaps and developmental lifecycle (design, implementation, deployment, support)
- Validation of concepts and go-to-market strategies through prototyping, user testing and analysis of product KPIs
- Execute new offer/innovations/options
- Scoping of new product features incl. business case creation (with revenue and cost), tracking and validation
Key result area 3: Process & Stakeholder management
• Define processes to ensure consistent product experience for the clients and target audience (with marketing, certification standards, sales and operations)
• Steer product leadership forums
• Communicate with diverse groups, influence change throughout the organisation
Company competencies (for everyone):
• Customer focus
• Global perspective
Leadership competencies (for managers):
• Focus & finishing
Key success competencies (in addition to company competencies):
• Business insight
• Strategic mindset
• Cultivates innovation
• Balance stakeholders
• Plans and aligns
• Drives results
• Communicates effectivel
• +10 years of leadership experience in product management and development, preferably in digital services/ professional services
• Experience in developing and bringing digital products to market including go-to-market strategy development, interaction with clients and business stakeholders
• Ability to partner with stakeholders to define requirements and priorities, develop and execute strategy and balance short- vs long-term deliverables.
• Exceptional business acumen with an understanding of business drivers and value-creation.
• Strong analytical and strategic skills, as well as client-centric and entrepreneurial thinking, understanding technology trends
• Project management experience in product development environment
• Ability to present complex situations to peers and stakeholders in a clear and precise way
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good command of English language skills
• Residing in Europe, preferably in the Netherlands
• Understanding of IT and digital product development process, idea inception through to development and execution of strategic changes
• Sales Force experience