Business Development Manager - Team USA
Building upon the growth and impact of the Top Employer’s Certification Programme worldwide we are looking to recruit a new team to support North American HR Leaders in the development and branding of their organisations.
Top Employers Institute is the global authority recognising excellence in people practices. We assist companies to accelerate these practices and further enrich their worlds of work. Through the Top Employers programme, participants are audited, certified and recognised as employers of choice. Established more than 30 years ago, Top Employers Institute now certifies over 1800 organisations in 121 countries. These certified companies positively impact the lives of over 8 million employees globally.
The Business Development Manager directly generates revenue by prospecting for, positioning and selling the HR Certification Programme to multinational clients headquartered across North America.
- Responsible for new business development via prospecting, social selling, qualifying and consultative selling
- Drive sales growth and pipeline through the setting up of qualified meetings
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist of Top Employers HR Certification
- Ability to connect with senior HR stakeholders and position the full value of the Programme across their areas of responsibility and areas of focus
- Work closely with Marketing to support events and follow up digital leads
- Achieve growth targets for new business acquisition
- Building a strong professional network by initiating contact with HR decision makers
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Collaboration: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- 4-7 years working experience in Sales, preferably in the field of HR Tech or HR Services
- Value Selling Skills: (meeting prep, conduct an effective needs analysis, deliver sales presentations, answer questions and handle objections)
- Negotiation skills: Knows how to prepare, how to make offers, how to respond to offers, how to respond to typical tactics, how to close, how to ensure the agreement lasts.
- Communication skills: Operate at the most senior level with confidence, can make formal persuasive presentations, can communicate 1-1 with confidence and discuss the company products/services and added value potential effectively.
- Experience in working with different cultures and nationalities
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbally. Any other language is a nice to have.
- Available for some travel to conferences, client sites and company meetings
Top Employers Institute offers:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working conditions, including the flexibility to work from home
- Dynamic and open business culture
- Plenty of room for initiatives and own responsibility
- Open career path: due to the fast growth of the organisation, many roles did not exist a year ago, and new career paths open up continuously
- Leader in HR, relied on by global clients such as PepsiCo, Pfizer, Mondelez and Volkswagen
- Fast growing organisation (20% revenue growth in 2021 & 2022), enabled by owner HAL Investments, which is one of the largest, long-term, investment companies of the Netherlands
- International environment: colleagues from all over the world and offices in 12 countries including the Netherlands, Spain, France, Germany, China, South Africa, the UK and Brazil.
- As our client base is across the US we are looking to hiring someone in the east coast preferably Atlanta, two roles to fill by people living on the west coast, and one in central US